Three of my blessings

Three of my blessings

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Pollycraft Christmas "No Red or Green"

Hi!
I'm one of the Guest Designers for Pollycraft this month. This is my first time doing any GD position. Pollycraft has some really awesome images to choose from! To see lots of wonderful images from teddy bears to monsters check out the blog and the store here.

This week's challenge was to create a Christmas project without using any red or green. The image I chose for the challenge is called "Evie Waiting for Santa". I think she is totally adorable, and I love the image of a child watching to see if they can see Santa in the sky.
All my paper is from S.U. Flowers are from my stash. I punched the snowflakes out of silver paper doilies. The leaves are from a MS punch. The border punch around the image is from MS also. I stamped the blue bg paper with white snowflakes and embossed them and then put the paper through the cuttlebug embossing folder. The stars outside the acetate window were printed on blue cs and I chalked around the stars with white then I added glitter and Stampendous "Class a' Peel" stickers for the stars. The wall and pajamas were printed on S.U. patterned paper and paper pieced. I colored Evie with copics and her bow in her hair is done with a glitter pen. The sentiment is from the "Christmas sheet 1" set from Pollycraft. I cut the sentiment from the circle to put under her hand.

Here is a look at the inside of the card. I haven't added the sentiment or verse yet. Thanks for looking. I hope you like this "No Green, No Red" Christmas Card!




2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!

    (I'm on vacation and STILL came on here to say that, cuz it's THAT beautiful!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, this is just so BEATUIFUL! I have looked around at quite a bit of your lovely creations and I am so in awe at each and every one. All the lovely details and dimension is just so awesome! I really need to learn to do the shading in the photoshop, I guess I need to go looking for a good tutorial on that. You certainly have it down to a perfection on a lot of these lovely images! Thanks for being such a lovely inspiration to the blog world and all the crafers in cyber space and sharing you talents!

    ReplyDelete