Three of my blessings

Three of my blessings

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

DZ Doodles Challenge #7 Sewing







This challenge was to have some sewing on your project. The sewing on my card is faux (I hope that's ok). The image on my card is from DZ Doodles. The name of the image is "Cheap Sunglasses". I think she's adorable! This is another card I made for one of my grandchildren to give to Mommy. The purple background purple was just some scrap I found in my small pieces of purple folder. The border punch is Fiskars. The sentiment and verse inside were done by myself on Photoshop. The flowers that are in the corner are cut out of some printed DP that I've had for YEARS. I cut out various parts of the DP so I could layer them to add dimension to the card. The little piece of ribbon and gems are in the stash. The embelly in the corner of the image was cut on the sizzix sidekick. I made my stitches with poked holes and purple gel pen. The sweet little girl was colored with water color pencils and a gel pen flower on her hat with stickles added. I put a little bling gem on each shoe and Crystal Laquer on her sunglass lenses. She is "Miss Thang" isn't she? Loved coloring her!

1 comment:

  1. Wauw Kathy this is amazing what you did with this image. It's beautiful,I love the banner with the sentiment and the hydranga ( I hope I write this right ) around her. And a great sentiment inside the card. Great job!
    Thanks for joining our challenge.

    Rosalien

    ReplyDelete